Friday, August 21, 2009

A Tale of Two Toothbrushes

Guys, be warned...

This is how marriage goes: You marry the woman of your dreams, at least in my case, and at that time you own a perfectly good toothbrush. This toothbrush is only yours, and only you use it. This toothbrush belongs to no one else, and no one else uses it.
Then, the woman of your dreams moves in with you (unless you move in with her and her parents, in which case you probably have an electric toothbrush [and you probably keep your floss in your pocket protector]).
From time to time, she will use your toothbrush. This is cute at first ("Ahh, I have a wife. I have a wife and she's using my toothbrush #* Sigh *# ).
Then, she will almost exclusively use your toothbrush. This becomes not cute ("Why can't she use her own crummy toothbrush?")
What happens next is a little hard to explain calmly. I don't know if you surmised this or not, but this has actually happened to me; I'm actually drawing on personal experience here. Next, you get out of the shower to find her toothbrush-the toothbrush meant for her personal use-in the trash can beside your toilet (the fact that it's in this particular trash can is very important because of the symbolic statement it makes: "Personal ownership and rules don't mean crap to me").
After that, usually the next day, you won't be able to find your toothbrush at all. This won't offend you as much as the toilet brush (rim shot), because at this point you're just surprised that she left any of your razors in the medicine cabinet.
And so, my friends, you give the woman of your dreams a call and she says, "Oh, yeah I took our toothbrush to work with me today. Maybe you could just pick up a new one for you today?"

She's so sweet; how could you say no? After all, you will get a new toothbrush out of the deal...maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment