Friday, December 18, 2009

The Rise of the Cupholders

Have you ever heard the phrase “reinvent the wheel”?
It can be used in several ways:

1 I don’t want to reinvent the wheel
2 I’m not trying to reinvent the wheel
3 Let’s not reinvent the wheel
4 Refabricate the block’s successor

I am actually NOT trying to invent the wheel again; but if I did, I would add cupholders.
Cupholders are the post-modern revolution. You can’t go ANYWHERE without one being relatively close to you. Hotels, houses, boats, strollers, vehicles, desks, couches, recliners, and younger siblings usually ALL possess the capacity to hold whatever beverage receptacle you might want them to. In fact, the empirical data is leaning (if data could lean) more and more towards a world being dominated and controlled by cupholders. Since this is the case, I plan on befriending them, in hopes of becoming a high ranking official in their new regime. My first attempt at this supplication was to have Suzuki add one to EVERY door of their vehicles (commercial), and by suggesting in my blog that they be added to the reinvented wheel.
Happy Holidays, everyone. Remember to throw as many smiles other people’s way as you do elbows in the mall.

No comments:

Post a Comment