Wednesday, November 25, 2009

North and South

I would like to highlight an err in reasoning on my part that occurred today.

"Is Wellington south of us?" asked one of my coworkers.

"Yes," I replied.



I try to be a thinker, and if I had to pick just one thing that separated thinkers from non-thinkers; it would be that thinkers think, and non-thinkers non-think. I have put alot of thought into thinking lately, and had many thoughtful, thought-provoking, well-thought out thoughts about what I think is a forgotten thought-process (I think). Thinkers never accept things at face-value (especially since most of them have acne, which dramatically reduces their face-value to about 27.3). I accepted this north/south issue at face-value. What was I thinking?

There is no correct answer when asked about the cardinal directions, meaning compass directions--not "Ya sed that red burd waz ware?" directions. Our north is someone else's south. So the next time I'm asked if Wellington is south of me, I'm going to be a thinker and answer their question with another question:

"Well, what is North? And what is South?"

Will they think I'm obnoxious?

Maybe, but at least I won't be lying to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment